A Call from Joe Gibbs Racing

Back in January, I contacted Joe Gibbs Racing. Since Joe Gibbs is a Christian, I thought I might be able to find someone there interested in double-checking the racing details in THE RACE THAT LIES BEFORE US. I was directed to a woman named Robin, but she told me they were very busy getting ready for the beginning of the season and requested that I contact her after the Daytona 500. I waited about 6 weeks, then sent a list of questions about racing that I haven't been able to find answers to.

Well, it's been about 6 weeks since I sent it and I hadn't heard any word, so I just figured that she was too busy and didn't have time to deal with it. I told myself not to worry about it because God is in control and if He wanted me to connect with someone at one of the race teams, it would all work out (easier said than done! I did worry some, but tried not to think about it).

I got a call from Robin today. God is so amazing! She not only found someone who was willing to help me out, but he’s the General Manager of Joe Gibbs Racing! His name is Jimmy Makar and it sounds like he's really excited about my book and can already see the potential impact not just with racing fans, but within the NASCAR community itself. Not only that, but he's been on mission trips to London, where his team has witnessed to Muslims, including former terrorists! Robin said he would call me later in the week and go over some of the answers he has for me that need a little more explanation.

I'm so excited I can hardly sit still to type this. After I spoke with Robin, I made a bee-line for my computer and Googled Jimmy Makar. He not only works with 3 of the top NASCAR racers (Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, and Denny Hamlin), but was also crew chief to Dale Jarrett, Bobby Labonte, and Rusty Wallace! I don't know why I should be surprised; God often answers in ways that are beyond our expectation, but I'm still SO amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment