A BREAKTHROUGH

For the last several weeks, I've had a nagging suspicion that The Race that Lies Before Us was missing a component, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. I didn't even know if it was related to writing style or content. Now that we're on break from schooling for the Christmas holiday, I began to catch up on critiques I'd received but hadn't had a chance to review. At the same time, I received a crit from a new critique partner. She noticed something in chapter two that another critique partner, Steph, commented on in chapter eight. Steph and I have been e-mailing back and forth about this over the last couple of days and finally narrowed down the problem. Today, God laid the issue on both of our hearts. When I received an e-mail from Steph today, her thoughts were in line with mine. It was the affirmation I needed and I felt that zing that comes with a creative breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment