I HAVE AN AGENT

It's official! Saturday, I received the signed contract back from Hartline Literary Agency. Terry Burns is now my agent. I'm so excited that I've hardly been able to think straight this past week since he invited me to join the Hartline team.

After I read Terry's e-mail, and the shock and tears of joy and shaking stopped, all I could do was stand amazed at God's timing. All weekend, I had been mentally exhausted from two weeks of getting back into the swing of homeschooling and getting used to our new schedule. By the time I finished a full day of volunteering at the NASCAR truck race last Saturday, all I could think about was dinner and bed. Satan chose my drive home from the track to bombard me with feelings of inadequacy and fear of rejection. By the time I got home, I was certain I would soon receive rejections from both Terry and the publisher who requested the full manuscript of The Race that Lies Before Us.

The following morning, I our pastor's sermon seemed to be aimed directly at me, especially when he described the Israelites this way: "They were on the very brink of success, but they caved in." Even after that, however, I expected to have to wait longer to hear anything and expected Terry to ask for more changes before offering a contract. How I underestimated God! Later that evening, I when I checked my e-mail, I read Terry's message, in which he not only offered me a contract, but said he loved The Race that Lies Before Us!

I'm so excited to see where God will take me next. I know I've still got a lot of work in front of me, but I know He will be faithful to continue leading me. I can't wait to hear what Terry will have me start working on first.