PROPOSALS GO OUT TO PUBLISHERS

In the last couple of months, my agent has sent proposals for The Race that Lies Before Us to four publishing houses, three Christian and one secular. I'm still very much playing the waiting game, as the average response time is three to four months. Still, it's exciting to see things move forward.

I have been so impressed with my agent's knowledge about each publishing house and the individual editors who work at each. He knows right off the top of his head which publishing houses are acquiring fiction at the moment and which aren't, which ones are willing to accept work from new authors and which ones won't, and which ones might be a good fit for my book and which ones wouldn't. Not only that, but he keeps in editors' good graces (among other ways) by keeping track of how many submissions he has with each so he doesn't overwhelm them with submissions from his clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment